Scars remind us where we've been. They don't have to dictate where we're going
.

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Accidentally on Purpose

Ok, guys, I have to let you in on a dirty little secret.  I'm getting healthy. And I don't just mean in a losing weight sort of way, although that is a nice by product of it.

It was kind of accidental, kind of on purpose, but all I know is I'm having a hard time recognizing the girl whose fridge contains no diet coke, sugar free treats and is never without the fixings for a green smoothie.  And I am now working out 4-5 times a week instead of barely making 3 days (at least for the past couple of weeks).  I'm not going to pretend I am 100% reformed, but I have come a long way in a short time.  I even have seriously cut down on juice after I looked on the bottle of grape juice and saw that one serving contained something like 36 grams of sugar.  I read that and saw "11 lb+, 15 in + head baby" and put it right back.  I'm now mostly doing the fruits themselves because they have a lot of fiber and not just straight sugar.  I also do the ground flaxseed in my smoothie and let's just say, I'm as regular as I have been in my life....I'm talking 2-3 times per day regular.  Yeah.  It is so money.

This is what happens when you get midwives in your life.  You think you're hiring them to help you get a baby born, but next thing you know you're trying to do things like eat better and exercise.  Don't say I never warned you.

2 comments: